Santa Ana, CA, 92703
Joined on August, 2011
Any day at any time
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationUCLA - Finance
ExperienceEffectively teaching students of varied academic (Cal Fire - Fire Fighters) and diverse cultural backgrounds. Instruct classes of as many as 24 students; communicate with teachers, administrators; and build a positive rapport with students.
Key Contributions & Educational Outcomes:
• Consistently praised for dedication, reliability, organization and effectiveness as one of school district’s most in-demand substitutes; developing lesson plans; and kept students motivated, engaged and focused.
• Repeatedly selected as a long-term substitute for teachers on maternity or extended medical leave.
• Showed resourcefulness and teaching effectiveness in meeting the needs of students with limited English language proficiency as well as learning disabilities.
• Voluntarily stepped in to run several community awareness programs (e.g., children’s fire awareness, parent CPR and prevention knowledge) when permanent teachers were unable to fill these roles.
• Incorporated technology into students’ learning activities for varied academic disciplines. Efforts proved
so successful in enhancing student understanding of material that they resulted in invitation to lead district wide teacher in-service on “Technology Integration across the Curriculum.”
HobbiesI love to hike, read and bike ride
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.